12826847

my son got stopped for speeding 100 mpr he one month off 2yrs

my son got stopped for speeding 100 mpr he one month off 2yrs driving he needs a car for his work he does have a clean licence @the moment

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will he loose his licence clean until last wed 100mpr one month off his 2yrs of driving he had a clean licence up to now he cant get to work with out it as his work his 20 miles from where we live and his college

What was the speed limit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

70mpr

The simple is that he could lose his licence.

If the speed limit was 70mph and he was doing 100mph then the guidelines say either 4-6 points or a ban of between 7 - 28 days.

Obviously they are not likely to ban him outright. If they do then he would not have to take his test again but it would have a horrendous impact on his insurance. Thats not likely to happen.

The risk is that they will add 6 points and if they do then he is revoked because he is a new driver. There is no way around that. Exceptional hardship is not a consideration.

The only way to avoid revocation is to convince them that this is not deserving of 6 points. It is at the higher end of the scale for speeding but there aren't any other significant aggravations that you mention here.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thats fine hit his pocket he might learn or mother here says he better

HAHAH!

Its a difficult situation because people regularly do 100 mph on a motorway and I suppose they must put pressure on other drivers to speed so it falls very unfairly upon new drivers.