12826847

My brother is a solicitor with a small practice in Sussex. Until

Customer Question

My brother is a solicitor with a small practice in Sussex.
Until recently he held power of attorney over my affairs as I lived abroad.
I have property which he owns the title deeds and my shares are held in trust. He refuses to disclose these documents. In addition he is seriously indebted to me but will not discuss this although this is admitted. He again refuses to hand over any papers.
Also, the will of my parents was never read to my sister (I was out of the country) We received nothing and whilst he informed my sister no money was available it has recently come to light that in fact this is not true and he has used this money to invest in property.
I confronted him some time ago about these issues and he actually admitted his inappropriate actions but in a rather nasty way informed me that his paperwork was clean and I could never prove anything.(unfortunately I have no evidence of this)
Finally, sorry this is so long, one of the property's I hold in trust I have always considered home but am now told it is a buy to let property and excludes members of the family residing there!
I would appreciate your comments.

Many Thanks

Ian Macdonald
Was the Will ever sent to Probate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no idea and he refuses to discuss issues

Ok
What records do you have of the funds that you entrusted to his care?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has admitted his debts in writing but will not give any details on wills etc

Leaving the Will issue to one side - you do have evidence of the assets of yours that he has used - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

some evidence. it is not comprehensive and does not cover figures etc.

Going back to the beginning then - what assets dis you leave in his care and what did you expect him to do with them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Upon leaving the country I gave him permission to sell my property and invest in another property to which I could return, in due course. Foolishly I never asked how much money was available. simply trusted him to do the right thing. There was however in excess of £50,000 and he will not produce any evidence relating to any paper chains involved during the years to anything. I now know he initially used this money to buy my parents house but after that?

So he sold your home and did purchase another?
Did you ever see a completion statement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Thank you for that.
Have yo checked to see if your parents Wills were have sent to the Probate Office?