75100385

I had a company many years ago and had a litigation case against

I had a company many years ago and had a litigation case against the company solicitors who messed up in the sale of a property. due to this the company engaged another solicitor's practice to build a case against the first one. This took a long period of time to put together but in the end there was a case of litigation, a barrister was taken on and was in the process of talks before taking the first solicitor company to the high court, an offer was made to the barrister but this was rejected as being to low to cover the massive amount the company had lost. Due to the long time of putting this together the banks pulled the plug on the companies banking and the company was forced into liquidation.
My question is can the old litigation case be re-instated after a very long period of tim

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What stage are proceedings? Did you issue or is the claim stayed?
Customer:

The stage of proceedings were stopped due to the company being forced into liquidation, can i just say this all happened more than 7 years ago, but my thoughts are this is an old dept not settled, and should if fruitful go to the Directors and shareholders . I may be wrong in trying to re-instate this old case.

Alex Watts :

You want to re-open a case or reissue after 7 years, is that right?

Customer:

Good Morning Alex,

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Yes i am wondering as to what the legal situation would be with such an old case, after my company being forced into liquidation does this annul all rights regarding the solicitor practice that messed up, or can i re-open the case after such a long period.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

Any claim would need to be within 6 years.

Alex Watts :

As this was 7 years ago you are out of time under the Limitation act 1980

Alex Watts :

Further if you stopped proceedings you would not be able to issue new proceedings as this would be an abuse of process

Alex Watts :

Therefore sadly given the length of time that has elapsed any claim is now time barred

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Hello Alex,

Alex Watts :

Customer:

You have been most helpful thank you very much, its just a pity i did not take the situation up sooner as the litigation case was for the amount of 90k. However i must put the whole thing to bed as they say. best regards XXXXX XXXXXon.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry James I wish it was better news

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my service, if the system wont let you, please do let me know

Alex Watts :

If you need more help, please click reply

Customer:

Hi system not letting me give a rating . ?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Try now!