UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi,we have wired an advance payment on the 19th of May to the

Hi,we have wired an advance payment on the 19th of May to the accounts of a Real Estate Agency for renting a flat.The landlord of the property changed his mind and the Real Estate Agency has not returned the amount payed to our accounts for more than 1 week now.Please advise on what we can do to retrieve our money.Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is the name of this agency?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Claytons Estate Agents,56 Hoxton Square,Shoreditch,London N1 6PB
Company Number 08982068

The company was incorporated only last month which is a bit worrying.

You may issue court proceedings against the company for the money, if you have an address in England & Wales, you may do so online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If you are not based in the UK, you may instruct a solicitor to write them a letter before action which may motivate them to refund your money and if they do not, your solicitor may file a claim against them on your behalf.

I suggest you also put pressure on the landlord if you are in contact with the landlord for them to get the estate agents to refund your money.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what is my best course of action?How do I find out more information(owner of the company,general manager) about Clayton's?Money has been transferred from my daughter's account,she is currently a student in London.Time is running short as she finishes her exams this week and we shall be leaving to our homecountry.
The claim would be against the company, not individuals/owners.

Your daughter may issue a court claim against the company for the refund of the money, www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

They should pay up once they receive court summons.