LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hi I need some help. Recently on the 2nd May I split from

Customer Question

Hi I need some help. Recently on the 2nd May I split from an on off relationship of 19 months. However after the split my ex boyfriend who is a pcso In the essex police bordered harassment n kept waiting outsids my flat. He had wrote two letters saying he couldnt cope so I let him in after 4 days of not talking. He stayed that night as I didnt know what to do with him. He was quite pushy with having sex the next .orning to which I said on a few occasions I didn't want to do it. He continued to try to sexually arouse me n I ended up doing it. Anyway I realised what was happening n asked him that it was best he left. He wasnt happy with this but left. When I left he followed me up the road and cut me off the road. When I said I obstructing the whole road. He threatened me not to make a complaint. To prevent me having to go through it again I had to report the car incident to the police n believe me it waa difficult however during my interview I was distressed and let out abut the bedroom incident as the pc wanted to know evsnts leading upto the car incident. The pc that knew my ex partner honed in on the bedroom part and told me it was rape. I told the pc I was not here for that n only the car incident. The pc kept on leading me down that route. My ex got put on a sex allegation investigation that I wasnt going to support. Why sid the pc not follow up the car incident and keep going with a sexual allegation that I did nit want to support? .is it because it was a colleague of his? N knew I would not support that. I went in for help but came out even more stressed at what had happened. Ive emailed the I spector a complaint. Did I have a say in this sex allegation?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor and have over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Have you signed a statement saying that you r ex had sex with you without your consent and has he been arrested?

JACUSTOMER-7384abcg- :

I didnt make a full statement I dont believe as I did not want to support it but they wrotedown in the report what I had said and got me to sign that. They didn't hhowever read bk to me the car incident and gave me the option to sign that but by the time that happened the police had confused me for pushing me into a rape sweep.i brought it down to a sex allegation as it wasn't what I was there for. It seemed a little like they wanted this as I was going to drop this on him and that if I signed the car situation it would be abuse of power? . Where do I stand with the police doing this ?

LondonlawyerJ :

I don't want to go into the details form the bedroom but just so that you are properly informed a person is guilty of rape if they have sex with another person, that other person did not consent and the suspect should have known that they were not consenting.

LondonlawyerJ :

You have clearly been the victim of harassment and turned to the police for support. The criminal justice system is supposed to be victim centred these days and the police should be responsive to your wants and needs here. Has there been a reply from the inspector to your complaint? Is there a specific inspector you have complained to and why did you chose this officer to complain to? I a not sure quite what you mean by abuse of power in your reply above.

LondonlawyerJ :

Is he on bail with a requirement to keep away from you? Is what you want here protection from harassment by your ex?

LondonlawyerJ :

You should be aware that if there is a prosecution in this case then you communications on this site could potentially be disclosed to the Defence lawyers.

JACUSTOMER-7384abcg- :

I have support tomorrow now that my parents are hk.

JACUSTOMER-7384abcg- :

I have support tomorrow as parents bk from holiday. I chose the inspector to complain to as I felt uneasy in tbe station with all officers as they knew him n didn't know if I was being treated ffairly. I will get bk to you later on if I need further advice. I felt y

LondonlawyerJ :

OK. let me know if you need more answers.