75100385

Hi, I have to go to court in order to dispute my deposit. I

I have to go to court in order to dispute my deposit.
I would need somebody to guide me through that process.
Is that ok

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

That is great! thank you so much!

Customer:

Can you please send me a link with an example letter for requesting a refund?

Alex Watts :

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-asking-for-your-deposit-back-if-paid-after-6-april-2007

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my service, if the system wont let you, please let me know.