75100385

My mum and dad are head of a GP surgery and they are being

Customer Question

My mum and dad are head of a GP surgery and they are being investigated by the CQC as do many surgeries. However they are definitely harassing now. They have been back more than 4 times, other practices only once or twice. They are finding every little tiny problem they can and are really hounding my mum and dad. My mum is now feeling so harassed she is suicidal and I think they are just sending them over the edge. what can i do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have the CQC given any reason why they are more visited please?

JACUSTOMER-uen8gzgo- :

No they haven't..

Alex Watts :

Ok. First they need to write to the CQC at:

Alex Watts :

CQC National Customer Service Centre
Citygate
Gallowgate
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4PA

Alex Watts :

They need to set out the position and why they think they have been treated unfairly.

Alex Watts :

The CQC will write within 3 days and acknowledge the complaint

Alex Watts :

They will write within 15 working days telling you what they have done and if they can resolve it

Alex Watts :

If they are still unhappy they can escalate the complaint further. They would need to write to:

Alex Watts :

CQC Corporate Complaints Team
Finsbury Tower
103–105 Bunhill Row
London
EC1Y 8TG

Alex Watts :

The complaint will be reviewed within 20 working days.

Alex Watts :

If they are still not happy then they can seek a Judicial Review of the decisions by the CQC

Alex Watts :

This would then be considered by a Judge of the High Court who will either agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration,.

Alex Watts :

For that they would need a Solicitor as it can be complex process and need representation in Court.

Alex Watts :

But they are the three steps to follow

JACUSTOMER-uen8gzgo- :

Ok could you go straight to complaints

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please>

Alex Watts :

You need to do the 3 steps

Alex Watts :

1) National Customer Service Centre

Alex Watts :

2) Corporate Complaints

Alex Watts :

3) Judicial Review

Alex Watts :

A Judge would have expected you to have done this.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

JACUSTOMER-uen8gzgo- :

ok, my mum feels it is a personal attack on my dad as he was under review in a totally unrelated subject and the CQC first visit just asked about this case instead of what they were meant to. I personally think this is out of order.

Alex Watts :

Yes. But if you take the above steps then this should hopefully resolve matters for them.

Alex Watts :

Does this answer the question for you?

JACUSTOMER-uen8gzgo- :

ok thank you

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go - if the system wont let you please let me know

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/