12826847

HI there. I recently got a contract with Vodafone and my worries

HI there. I recently got a contract with Vodafone and my worries are alway network cover. the lady said there is a mast where I live so shouldn't be a problem. But when I am out and about (including London and Bristol) I can't even access the internet. I wonder if there is any way to cancel this contract as it is not fit for purpose. I went to another Vodafone shop yesterday and one of their workers said it is because of the masts are quite old and being replaced...I need a phone now not in 6-9 months after the process is repaired.
Can something be done about it? I basically wish to go to another network.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How long ago did you take out this contract?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I signed the contract on the second of March 2014. I have just notice the 3G coverage is poor after going to big cities. At home I didn't realise was bad because I use Wi-Fi.

That's a problem I'm afraid.

How long are you locked in for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

24 months. I understand it is a contract but the phone is partly not fit for purpose as I rely on the internet a lot when I am away from home.

I'm afraid it's bad news. If you give me about 10 minutes I will type out an answer for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

I wish I could say something else but I'm afraid you're in difficulty here.

You may well have had cancellation rights at the point of purchase but you are out of time to use them now.

Your only option is to drop down upon the level of service provided. Vodafone do not offer complete coverage. No mobile phone company does. Their contracts always contain disclaimers.

Ultimately there is nothing wrong with the telephone. The issue is its capacity for coverage.

If it does provide service of any kind then they are not in breach of contract.

The only way you could argue this is to suggest that they have repudiated the contract by providing such poor service that you are free to cancel. It would be irresponsible of me to suggest that is made out here. If, for instance, you received no service at all for a period of something like 2 months then you might have an argument.

Vodafone may agree to you cancelling. They will not do that lightly but if you complain loudly enough it might be easier for them.

Also, if you just refuse to pay but it's very unlikely that they would sue but what they will do is add a default to your credit account. That may or may not be important to your depending on your current credit rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought it would be like that. Thanks. It is just unfortunate that their service is quite bad when compared with O2 and EE. In this day and age I assumed they were all at the same level...clearly not! Many thanks. I will speak with the costumer service and see how far I can go.

well, for what it's worth, I'm with EE and I'm not very impressed with them either!

Best of luck with this.