Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How do I find who who the personal representative of a deceased

How do I find who who the personal representative of a deceased person is?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Do you know approximately when this person died and whether the deceased is likely to have left an Estate over £5,000?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He died in the last four years but I don't know if the estate was more than £5,000 but I would have expected it to

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, if the Estate was over £5,000, then the Personal Representative would have had to obtain Probate (if there was a Will) or Letters of Administration (if there was no Will).

Probate/Letters of Administration (collectively called "a Grant") do become public documents once issued, and any member of the public can ask the Probate Registry to do a search for a Grant.
You should contact Leeds Probate Registry and for a nominal fee, you can get the search done. You will need to apply via the post. Details as follows-

York House
31 York Place
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS1 2BA

Tel- 0113(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL