12826847

Hello. I recently visited my local clothing store with my young

Customer Question

Hello. I recently visited my local clothing store with my young son and was confronted by the manager and accused of concealing an item of clothing in my bag. He very rudely demanded to look in my bag for the item and said if I did not I would have to leave the store. This was done in the middle of the store with customers around. I got upset by the confrontation and he said that he would apologise if nothing was found. I reluctantly let him look in my bag and when there was obviously nothing in there he said a very weak sorry. When I emailed their customer services to complain all I recieved was an offer of £20 instore discount which I find very insulting as the whole experience was very upsetting and could of been dealt with in a much better way. Now when I'm shopping I find I am paranoid and wary that I am being watched and feel very affected by the whole experience. Could you tell me where I stand legally please.

Miss Jacqueline Legg.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?

Are you asking if you can sue? If so, can you fund an action? It would cost £10k plus.