75100385

People have been using a walk way for at least twenty years

People have been using a walk way for at least twenty years walking thier dogs etc and causing no problems,.This path runs next to a waterway. The water board have recently fenced it all in.ripping down a stile which they themselves built and now the dog owners are forced to walk on a road with no pavements. Would the old walk way be classed as a public right of way

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Can you prove 20 years use please?
Customer:

Still waiting for answer

Alex Watts : I asked if you could prove 20 years use please?
Customer:

Still waiting for answer

Customer:

I can definitely prove eighteen years

Alex Watts : You need to prove 20 years at least
Alex Watts : This is because in order to claim a right of way especially by prescription you need 20 years use.
Alex Watts : After 40 years use that right becomes absolute.
Alex Watts : Therefore unless you can prove 20 years use that right can be taken away.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this may not be the answer you want but I do have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: