How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

good morning my problem is i applied my sons visa to come

Resolved Question:

good morning my problem is i applied my son's visa to come here in UK it was denied they gave us a date to appeal that was April 14 2014 the judge decide with the presence of a solicitor from home office that our appeal was granted. and because of over excitement i only ask 'what to do next the judge said that i will receive a letter of this decision in 2-3 weeks. ive waited until now.No letter came i rang philippines today and apparently they receive a notice of hearing again .Please i need your advice.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

It could be that the Home Office appealed against the decision to allow your appeal.

You may contact the Upper Tribunal or the Home Office to see whether this is indeed the case and take it from there.

If the Home Office has appealed, then I would suggest that you appoint a solicitor to represent you.

Can I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but there was a solicitor from the home offic e during the appeal and he even told me that there is no more problem


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You just need to check with the Home Office and/or the Tribunal to see whether an appeal was filed or not, despite what you were informed by the Home Office solicitor.

If no appeal was filed, it could be that the local Embassy has received an old notice of hearing (as it often happens) and that they have not yet received the latest paperwork from the UK.

You could then chase the Home Office here in the UK to expedite the process so that the local post can issue the visa. If there are still delays, you may complain to the Home Office, to your local MP and the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please can you give an idea how to chase them or a no. to ring maybe


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
These are the last known contacts which I have in my records.

Home Office Presenting Officers Unit.


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit

1st Floor

2308 Coventry Road



B26 3JZ

Tel: Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit
2nd Floor

Springfield Avenue

76 Wellington Road



Tel: Fax: 0113(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit
3rd Floor

Building 1

1 Torrens Street



Tel: 0207(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax: 0207 2391 1701


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit

10th Floor

Eagle Buildings

215 Bothwell Street


G2 7FZ

Tel: Fax:


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit

Hanover House

Plaintree Crescent



TW14 7JJ

Tel: Fax: 0208(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>


Home Office Presenting Officer Unit
Harmondsworth Hearing Centre

Colnbrook By Pass




Tel: 0208(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax: 0208(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think it will be ok if i will go to this office today? in london


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I would suggest you contact them first and see what they say.

Please leave feedback as your questions have been answered.

Thank you