UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

my wife died on 7 july 2013 should she be taken of the deeds

my wife died on 7 july 2013 should she be taken of the deeds of the property even if the property is not to be sold as her husband is living in the property until he dies, both myself and my late wife have already made wills were everything goes from one to the other, trusting you can help me with this enquiry. thank uou. Kind Regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may apply to have her name removed from the deeds, although there is no legal obligation to do so, it is advisable so as to "clean" up the title.

There is no charge for doing this, a form DJR needs to be sent to the Land Registry along with evidence of her death:

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/DJP.pdf

Hope this helps