75100385

I am a UK photographer and I have a large collection of photographs

Customer Question

I am a UK photographer and I have a large collection of photographs of a french celebrity, some of which are on my website. The celebrity has taken me to court (in my absence) and been awarded damages. She has never paid me to photograph her and all the images were by mutuel consent. My question is, can she enforce the french judgement in other countries?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Assuming she has taken you to Court in France then yes it can be enforced in the UK

Alex Watts :

This is because they can get a European Enforcement Order.

Alex Watts :

Once that is granted then they can enforce in the UK

Alex Watts :

This could be by sending in bailiffs, getting a charge on property etc

Alex Watts :

But yes, they can get a European Enforcement order

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-l1ivjnej- :

Does this apply in the USA?

Alex Watts :

No

Alex Watts :

Just the EU

JACUSTOMER-l1ivjnej- :

thanks

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my service before you go

Alex Watts :

If the system wont let you, please do tell me

Alex Watts :

If you need more help, please click reply

JACUSTOMER-l1ivjnej- :

Thanks again

Alex Watts :

All the best

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/