75100385

Advise: Polish worker claims police have been persecuting

Advise:
Polish worker claims police have been persecuting him.

He tells me police came round with no reason or warrant and asked to search his home.
He complied as he did not know his rights. They found a can of pepper spray which is legal in poland and eu which the polish workers carry as they travel across eu back to poland. But never use it here and it was in a box in a remote draw. Forgotten. He says even his mother and grandma carry pepper spray.
They arrested him. At the police station he was not given his rights or a duty solicitor. He is noe going to court and is very confused.

I wd think it needs to be questioned over search without a warrant and not giving him his rights and no solocitor offered or allowed. I also wd think any soliciotor appointed now wd wish to see the custody records

What do u advise?

His english is quite bad.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It would be highly unusual if what you say is true, especially being denied a duty solicitor. Does he have one now?
Customer:

Quite common. Even QCs who write books and 3rd generation barristers finf it common.

Customer:

He mentioned some solicitor after being held for 4 days. But cannot remember. Said 2 letters were sent to him . His english is baf either speaking, writing or comprehending.

Customer:

Trying to get factd and strict linear history of events and name and letters, difficult due to language and feelings flowing.

Customer:

And do not forget a down syndrome man was recently arrested for retrieving his cap from school after time. Kept in a cell for 9 hours without calling for an approved adult or calling his family made to sign a statement he wd never understand or read and given a caution.

Customer:

So normality in policing is a bit bad. Numbers and targets game.

Alex Watts : Does he have a solicitor now?
Customer:

He is due round today and i have been strict about facts,names and copies of letters documents etc.

Customer:

No. Some guy attende and got him out of cell but beyond that nothing.

Customer:

I know the court duty solicitors and it was not one of them. They r usually good. Sounds like someone on call. Need to get the facts. Dif due to language.

Alex Watts : Ok so he is getting a Solcitor, is that right?
Customer:

Not turned up so non the wiser. No he has not got a solicitor trying to do it himself. only way is to find out who this duty solicitor was who turned up in cells.

Customer:

I wis people wd not ask for my help then bugger off and not come back. I gave him the answer to the last problem and it worked. Thanks will await.

Alex Watts : Sadly all I can say is he needs a solictior.
Alex Watts : They can investigate how they entered the house, how he was arrested and detained.
Alex Watts : A Solicitor can look into all of this.
Alex Watts : But without one he is stuck.
Alex Watts : If he was charged Incorrectly this could be an abuse of process and the proceedings stayed.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Yep. I think he panics, does not listen and rushes off. Told him what to fk

Customer:

Told him what to do and wrote it in email. I await.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : if this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer. If the system won't let you please do say.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply.