UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, my sisters house has just been repossessed and from

Customer Question

Hello, my sisters house has just been repossessed and from I understand the debt is very small and I want to pay it on her behalf, however the mortgage bank, C&G will not allow me to pay it on her behalf without my sister's consent or authority, problem is my sister is gone missing. How can I secure the payment and protect the property while the police are look for her.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid C&G are quite within their rights not to accept payment from you without your sistter's consent.

However, they should be given a report from the police that she is indeed missing and that they are looking for her so that they put a hold on any disposal off the property pending her being traced.

Although legally, they do not have to wait for your sister to be found I am afraid, however strong the moral argument for doing so.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything else I can do!
I am afraid your sister needs to be found.
There is not much you can do if you do not hold a power of attorney to deal with her affairs.