75100385

how can I get out of lease hire on new car

Customer Question

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Why do you want to cancel it? Did you sign it on their premises please?

Customer:

Hi yes i sign it on the premisses and within two days of it i didnt like the way it drives. Not happy with it or them at all..mr holmes

Alex Watts : It's bad news Mr Holmes.
Alex Watts : If you signed on their premises then you don't have any cooling off rights.
Alex Watts : This means you should have tried to drive it before you signed the lease.
Alex Watts : The bad news is as you do not have any cooling off rights, you have signed a contract and are bound by that contract.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for h
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi just read your reply again and i never test drove car nefore signing ..first time i drove it was after i sign and i was on phone 2 days later trying to give it back.mr holmes

Sadly it's bad news, you signed it on premises and Therefore there is no cooling off period.

I am sorry