How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70516
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a conviction for being drunk and disorderly and also

Resolved Question:

I have a conviction for being drunk and disorderly and also a conviction for assult both of which were dealt with by way of a fine . I was wondering how long these would remain on my record and how long I would have to disclose them for employment purposes


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

When were you convicted please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think the conviction for Assault was in Feb 2010 and the drunkeness in June2010

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
What level of checking are you facing please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The check is to work in Uk charities the guide just says Criminal records bureau or police( to work overseas). However as some of the work could be with vulnerable people best go for the highest level

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

You are almost certainly facing enhanced checking.

That will mean that you will always have to declare that I'm afraid.

It will always show on your PNC but will be revealed to employers if deemed relevant until further notice. It will be stepped down and dropped off standard after 11 years and basic after 1 year.

I wouldnt worry about the drunk and disorderly. The issue will be the assault.

You can ask the police not to reveal them using their exceptional powers and JR the decision if its refused. There has been some very helpful case law on this point.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you