12826847

I have a conviction for being drunk and disorderly and also

I have a conviction for being drunk and disorderly and also a conviction for assult both of which were dealt with by way of a fine . I was wondering how long these would remain on my record and how long I would have to disclose them for employment purposes

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

When were you convicted please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think the conviction for Assault was in Feb 2010 and the drunkeness in June2010

What level of checking are you facing please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The check is to work in Uk charities the guide just says Criminal records bureau or police( to work overseas). However as some of the work could be with vulnerable people best go for the highest level

You are almost certainly facing enhanced checking.

That will mean that you will always have to declare that I'm afraid.

It will always show on your PNC but will be revealed to employers if deemed relevant until further notice. It will be stepped down and dropped off standard after 11 years and basic after 1 year.

I wouldnt worry about the drunk and disorderly. The issue will be the assault.

You can ask the police not to reveal them using their exceptional powers and JR the decision if its refused. There has been some very helpful case law on this point.