12826847

What is the definition of parking. In particular, is a car

What is the definition of parking. In particular, is a car stopped (in a loading bay) but with the driver remaining in the driver's seat, properly parked or in some other state such as waiting? Thank you.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Merton Borough Council

It does depend on the nature of the ticket that has been issued.

However, 'parking' has been fairly widely defined. It is clear that it doesn't require you to actually abandon a car. Use of words like 'stopping' and 'waiting' are unhelpful I have to agree as they create confusion.

Parking is simple enough though. It just requires you to allow a car to be laid to rest at a location. It does not require the driver to leave the car or even, in theory, to turn the engine off. Its the presence of the car at a standstill at a location where that is prohibited.

I'm very sorry if thats bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the bad news. There was the side question that after the appeal, they did not offer to fifty percent discount.Cancel this request
Sorry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Just did not want to spend another £33. Thanks again. JBHUuuu
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Just did not want to spend another £33. Thanks again. JB

You need to email customer services about your membership here [email protected] but they can do that for you.