29905560

hello my name is Chris, i have wliplash injury, and i am

hello my name is Chris,
i have wliplash injury, and i am off work. My work compaany pay me 100% of the wage that i should be getting when working for 5 days a week.i can move around but i find it very hard. But i have to go to Poland to a funeral and leave england for a week or two. I would like to know if I leave Great Britain during the duration of the exemption or perhaps I should tell someone, employer, doctor, etc.. The doctor advised me to short walks and short exercises spine.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Legally you are not obliged to tell anyone but you need to check your contract or any policies you may have in place to see if they required you to do so. Another issue is to consider what would happen if the employer finds out, assuming you did not tell them. If you are signed off work because of an injury where you find it very difficult to walk or move around and then they find out you have gone all the way to Poland, they may get suspicious and think that your injuries were not as bad as initially declared. That could make them investigate this further and try to find out if you were honest about your condition or not. So it may be best to discuss this with the employer and ensure they are happy for you to do this, rather than get into trouble in the future