75100385

My daughter booked a flight to new york on line last night

My daughter booked a flight to new york on line last night and then found out she can't go, when she booked it she was unaware that it was non refundable until the confirmation letter arrived todAy. She telephoned the company she booked through and the girl was sympathetic but said that it is on the website but not in an obvious place And is in small print, she asked her manager whether there was Anything they could do and he said she can't have a refund and it would just go through as a no show. Is there anything that cN be done to get a partial refund or credit note for use in the future?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did she pay by debit or credit card?
Alex Watts : Does she have travel insurance please?
Customer: She paid by credit card and has her own annual travel insurance
Alex Watts : Can she not claim off her insurance please?
Customer: No as it states they will only pay out if it is cancelled due to illness or death and you need certificates as proof
Alex Watts : I assume she booked online and did not read the terms?
Customer: I think so, although the girl told her that it is not made obvious but is in the small print so she cant claim saying that it wasnt mentioned. Is there any consequences of a no show with the airline? Why cant the airline be informed that she will not be flying?
Alex Watts : there are no comeq
Alex Watts : There are no consequences in a no show,
Alex Watts : However it's bad news though as far as her money.
Alex Watts : If the fare was non refundable, which is likely because she probably booked the cheapest ticket she had lost the money.
Alex Watts : This is because if it is in the terms and conditions and she agreed to these, then she is liable for the money even if she didn't read them.
Alex Watts : It is the job of someone agreeing to terms to read them.
Alex Watts : Therefore sadly she can not show up, but she won't get a refund because she agreed to a non refundable flight.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Yes i thought as much, well thank you, XXXXX XXXXX was worth enquiring whether she had any consumer rights
Alex Watts : I am sorry it's not better news.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer before you leave, if the system won't let you please do say.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: Thank you alex
Alex Watts : All the best.