13262538

Hi Im separated from my wife since October 2012 and theres

I'm separated from my wife since October 2012 and there's a divorce trial on-going. We have a 9 y/o daughter and we had a joint care agreement until recently. There is no residence order currently in place. Since January my daughter refused to go back to her mother saying that her mom slapped her, yells at her and that she's unhappy there. She currently stays with me. More recently she has told me that her mother's partner had this habit of coming next to her on the couch, pushing her on her side and slapping her bottom until it hurt and continuing to do so even if my daughter told him to stop. This happened daily or every other day and my daughter was ashamed to tell me about this. It seems that this has played a big role in my daughter's decision not to go to her mother any more. I've been to the GP with this and a referral to CAMHS was made. I've also informed the Social service and they've spoken with my daughter last week. My family law solicitor said that we should wait for CAMHS and the social services to kick in, however I have this feeling that what happened is not right and I feel I should be doing more to protect my daughter. I am not sure if what that man did is criminal and I am wondering if I should call the Police. Many thanks.
What contact does your daughter currently have with her mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the phone for a couple of minutes every 3-4 days

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have to go now but I will get back to you tomorrow. Good night

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, could you please review my question as I received no answer earlier. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer as of yet
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer yet, what's happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer yet.
My apologies for the delay I have been in court all day.
In fact you have done absolutely everything that you can and should o to protect your daughter.
Do NOT report the matter to the police yourself - social Services will do so if they consider it necessary and in view of the ongoing court proceedings it is important that you do not appear to be conducting a "witch hunt"
Continue doing exactly what you are doing - keeping your daughter safe and allowing the authorities to deal with the matter
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details