UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

To whom it may concern We signed a 12 month lease for a property

Customer Question

To whom it may concern
We signed a 12 month lease for a property in Pershore on 8 March 2014. Unfortunately my husband is being re located to London and I do not know where we stand and what we need to do. Our notice period would have been 2 months. Please could you contact me. [email protected]
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

We can only communicate via this site...what is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We signed a 12 month lease on 8 march with the owner of a property in pershore. Unfortunately my husband may be transferred to London on short notice. Where do we stand as far as getting out of the lease/ what do we need to do?

You need to speak to the landlord/agent to see if they will agree to release you from the tenancy agreement early or waive any applicable notice requirements e.g. you may agree to move out on xyz date and agree to pay the landlord rent for 2 months in lieu of notice, or you may give your 2 months notice now and hand the property back to the landlord at the end of the notice period.

If there is no break clause, then I am afraid you may have to pay rent for the remainder of the tenancy period even though you leave early.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping for more specific advice as your answer is what I had already assumed as would most people. I don't feel a generic answer like that is worth the money paid. I am sorry.

I am sorry I have nothing more to add and will opt out for another expert to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I would appreciate that...at no extra cost.

As you see, another expert has agreed with my advice and there is nothing more which can be added to the advice given.

Do you have any specific query outstanding?