UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a question re probate form PA1. My mother-in-law survived

I have a question re probate form PA1. My mother-in-law survived her husband but has died before the probate was granted - although the form had been submitted. Obviously it now has to be re-submitted - not a problem as his 2 daughters are named so can act - but on the PA1 form - what do we put for Surviving lawful wife? She survived him but is now dead - is the "survival" question aimed at the date of his death or the date the form is submitted?

The information is as of the date of the PA1 form so the answer to that question is nil.

Hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - as she was named in the will do I then show her as an executor who is not applying for grant and show the reason as "died after the deceased"?

Yes, that would be correct.