UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a question re probate form PA1. My mother-in-law survived

I have a question re probate form PA1. My mother-in-law survived her husband but has died before the probate was granted - although the form had been submitted. Obviously it now has to be re-submitted - not a problem as his 2 daughters are named so can act - but on the PA1 form - what do we put for Surviving lawful wife? She survived him but is now dead - is the "survival" question aimed at the date of his death or the date the form is submitted?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The information is as of the date of the PA1 form so the answer to that question is nil.

Hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - as she was named in the will do I then show her as an executor who is not applying for grant and show the reason as "died after the deceased"?

Yes, that would be correct.