12826847

We are being taken too court by Walsall jobseekers for council

We are being taken too court by Walsall jobseekers for council tax ! We have been too Walsall magistrates twice and there selector has been given till today too surrender evidence which has not procured; our solicitors say its nothing! Surely twice in court with no evidence is good reason for it too be thrown out?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. This is not a good reason to throw it out. Cases do not really get thrown out anyway. All that happens is that the Council are told to proceed and if they cannot then they have to offer no evidence.

if its just that they haven't disclosed then probably they will do it on the morning of the hearing.

In any event, with council tax matters there is no usually much to disclose. Is this to do with a reduction in council tax possibly that they say you were not due?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in 2006 my father was diagnosed with emphysema he got me to open an account in my name so if anything happened to him he could transfer cash into it for me. I never actually had bank details or book and didn't realize over a few years he had paid cash into it,as it was opened in 2006 I had completely forgotten about it I am now being prosecuted for not declaring a bank account , , I actually stopped claiming myself as my partner moved in

So the issue is benefit fraud rather than non payment of council tax.

That does lead to disclosure normally by failing to disclose on two occasions will not get a case thrown out. It will only be that if they ask for a further adjournment that may not be allowed.