Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

my father recentley passed away an left a will leaving estate

my father recentley passed away an left a will leaving estate between 9 of us but i know in his understanding he meant the house there are three of us that are blood an other six were his wifes kids she died about 20 yrs ago so the money that dad had was his not hers it is goin through probate although my father left a will so what right have my brothers an myself to stop her siblings havin dads money they did not care for dad when she died but they now like leaches it does not seem fair they were never there for him unless they wanted money im his only daughter an loved him all my life im not that bothered about the money but it hurts so much when they crawl in like slugs as though they deserve it
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid to say that there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop the other 6 from inheriting, if your Dad left a valid Will including them. Indeed, if the Executor(s) do not divide the Estate 9 ways, they would be breaching their duties and the 6 could sue them and claim their one ninth share directly from the Executors.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, and although I appreciate your situation, it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards
AL