75100385

i have a cottage in clare which is being repossesed by the

i have a cottage in clare which is being repossesed by the bank- it has been rented for nearly 10 years by the same person at a nominal rent in exchange for maintaining the property - the maintenance is not happening and although for the last 2 years the rent has been paid there was an 18 month period before that with no rent forthcoming.Should i do something or let the repossessing bank take care of the problem

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Are you the tenant please a.
Customer:

i am the owner and landlord my bank has refused me continuing interest only payments and are claiming the property i am going to hand it back to them regretfully but in ireland its too hard to fight them - i just need to know the rights my tenant has and the correct way for me to get him to leave or whether to leave that to the bank when i hand it tothem next week thanking you nicky

Alex Watts : Let him stay,
Alex Watts : once there is a possession order the tenant can apply to stay the eviction.
Alex Watts : That will buy 2 months but that's it.
Alex Watts : So warn the tenant and they can buy an additional 2 months but that is it.
Alex Watts : The court only has discretion for the two moths.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

and let the bank deal with him?he knows the whole situation should i put it in writing to him