75100385

We are blighted by a neighbours bees. Bees defacate during

We are blighted by a neighbours bees. Bees defacate during flight and our cars,windows and washing becomes covered in brown/yellow blobs and streaks.
It can wash from cars but it ruins shirts and washing on the washing line.
It is seriously problematic. It will ruin a fabric roof of a convertible car.
The bee keeper refuses to help in any way and will not conform to best practice of bee keeping as prescribed by Bee keepers Association
What chances of a damage claim against the bee keeper?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the council please?
Customer:

I really hope you can give advice on this as we have a major problem.I am scared to get my convertible golf out of the garage. as it would be covered in seconds.

Customer:

He must have quarter of million bees.

Customer:

Yes I have complained to Council with no positive answer.

Alex Watts :

You should write formally and complain to the Council. They have a duty under the Environmental Protection Act to investigate this.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then when you complain make it to the Chief Officers Office

Alex Watts :

That department will investigate the complaint and report back to you

Alex Watts :

If you are still not satisfied then you can then complain to the Ombudsman. They are an independent body designed to resolve complaints at the Council.They offer a free service. Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

If that does not work your final option is an injunction

Alex Watts :

You would need to complete forms N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And N16a http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court would consider a request for an injunction and then decide whether to grant one./

Alex Watts :

Clearly the other side would also be able to make representations as to I assume which it should not be granted

Alex Watts :

So you should start taking photos, keep a diary etc

Alex Watts :