How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Hi Do you have to have the passport and driving license in

Resolved Question:

Do you have to have the passport and driving license in the same name?

Thank you

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The passport is in one name though deed pole 10 years ago. my driving Licence is in another since receiving it. 40 yrs ago.

Never had a problem so I've never really thought about it much.

I have a property management company in one name.

and a mortgage in another which is about to be redeemed on completion.

I have to produce ID for the shareholder who is the director (one Name) and ID for the Leaseholder (the Other name) Could it be a problem? If so I could change the Shareholders and directors name, but this would delay the exchange as we are due to exchange on the 4th of June


Many thanks

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
If both documents are essential for this transaction then they must both have the same name. I cannot say whether it will be a problem in your current situation - but if two official identification documents have two different names then it may well do. Also as a matter of law if you made a change of name deed ten years ago then from that date your new name should appear on all documents. As soon as you can I suggest you apply to DVLA to change the name on your driving licence.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi sorry for the delayed response,


Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Expired in November 2013 I am renewing it in my original name. the mortgage is due to be redeemed next month. The management company will be given to the new purchasers. so I can Change the shareholders and director of the company. This means that the exchange will be delayed by 2 weeks, but it will rectify the situation.


Many thanks againt