LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Am I entitled legally before a hearing, or before answering

Customer Question

Am I entitled legally before a hearing, or before answering the points raised in grievance against me to read the prosecutors supporting material, that is their evidence
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

If you are being prosecuted in England or Wales then yes you are entitled to know the nature of the case against you. If you have been charged then at the first hearing the prosecution will serve you you or your representatives with advance information of the case against you. This will usually be a case summary and copies of the statements and paper exhibits they propose to you against you. You will be allowed to consider these before going into court and deciding whether to plead guilty or not guilty.