How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My mum has decided to leave her house to me in her will. I

Resolved Question:

My mum has decided to leave her house to me in her will. I have lived here since I was 17 and and have payed the house hold bills for some time. Do I have to pay inheritance tax?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is the value of your mother's estate, including this house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house is worth about £200.000 that I live him. She has some other assist that are being sold and then income from that will then be left to my brother.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

If the total value of her estate is less than £325000, there is no inheritance tax to pay. Normally, inheritance tax is payable by the estate, not the heirs.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you