Hi I suspect my husband having a mental issue, I am in

Customer Question

I suspect my husband having a mental issue, I am in contact with his GP who can t force a psychiatric assessment. His condition is worse, not eating, very stressed sometimes very nervous with melt downs, with obsessions.
we are separated with money as he forced me to transfer money £8000 from our account in his account , I have done this forced by him in the bank, people from there saw this and they offered me to cancelled the transaction, I refused as I was afraid of his reaction. He accused me of stealing money that is not true. Meantime this obsession dissapeared but a new one came!
The problem is that I am paying the rent and sometimes food as he is eating almost nothing. I have no control of his money and I am very stretched with expenses as m y father is ill and I have to pay doctors, travels to hospitals etc. Few months ago made a contract for an Iphone for a £25 per month. He wants not to pay it now and received few letters from debt collector companies. He wants to became a student for getting a student loan only.
We have no kids.
My question is how can be forced to pay half of the rent and how as his wife to know what are his incomes and expenses.
What are my liabilities if he is not fulfilling his contracts for loan or for other things, Am I eligible to pay?

Thank you very much for your time.
Do you wish to remain in the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes I want to remain in marriage as I consider that my husband has a mental problem, in fact I suspect him of being autist or having Asperger syndrome. If you think his money are the reason of staying in marriage is wrong. I am earning more money than him. I never went to police to make a complain, I keep this as the last option. That is the reason of writing you.

Please note that his GP was agree to talk to me without him, I will have an appointment on 5th June.

Kind regards,

Unless you wish to start divorce proceedings - which clearly you do not - then I am afraid that there is no way that you can force him to contribute to the rent and other outgoings
In addition unless he agrees you have no right to see his financial paperwork.
However you are NOT liable for any debts that are in his sole name.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details