31090051

I have just received today a letter from Scottish Teachers

I have just received today a letter from Scottish Teacher's Superannuation Scheme to say that I was overpaid £13687 during the period 17/08/2006 to 31/03/2010 and that I will need to repay this minus any tax paid. I intend to dispute this.This refers to a period beginning 8 years ago. Is there any limitations on this?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Anything over five years ago they can't claim back as it's time barred. Anything within the last five years they can, but only from the date they raise court proceedings.

The longer you can string them out without proceedings being raised the less you will have to pay then back. But you must not acknowledge or admit anything to them at any time.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.