UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

urgent visa required

Customer Question

My grandma recently passed away and now my grandad is completely alone we want to bring him to the Uk more specifically london to come and live with us he is 75 years old what options and visas would he have available to him? we are british passport holders and we have a spare room in our house for him to live in as well with all facilities available. How much will visa's cost and how long will the procedure take and what procedure is available to us if we want to bring him to come and live with us as soon as possible.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello,Does she require long term personal care to perform everyday tasks such as washing, cleaning , cooking etc which can only be provided by you without recourse to public funds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes my grandad does require personal care in terms of washing and cleaning and maintaine of accomodation etc because his old and unable to do so and we are the only ones that can provide this. Also his accommodation and living costs with us will not require us to use any benefits or public funds as we have a room in a house spare which he can stay in and and as we perform our daily duties in terms of cleaning and washing clothes and stuff we will do it for him aswell without anyt help from the government.

The fees are £1982 for this visa for an adult relative to be looked after by family in the UK.

Processing times and application process will depend on which country he is applying from, see here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

The application will be decided in 12 weeks at most, it could be shorter than this period.

The documents that are required are set out here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/documents-you-need-to-provide

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They say that from the change of the July 2012 rules obtaining a adult relative to be looked after by family is a visa impossible to obtain for a family member unless they are virtually on their death bed. Os this the case because then grandad won't be able come via this method. And is that the only type of visa available for us to to apply to?
It is not difficult if the case is genuine and there is no other visa available for someone in your grandfathers position.

I would suggest that you appoint a specialist immigration lawyer to assist with the application.

May I help further?