How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

urgent visa required

Customer Question

My grandma recently passed away and now my grandad is completely alone we want to bring him to the Uk more specifically london to come and live with us he is 75 years old what options and visas would he have available to him? we are british passport holders and we have a spare room in our house for him to live in as well with all facilities available. How much will visa's cost and how long will the procedure take and what procedure is available to us if we want to bring him to come and live with us as soon as possible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Does she require long term personal care to perform everyday tasks such as washing, cleaning , cooking etc which can only be provided by you without recourse to public funds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my grandad does require personal care in terms of washing and cleaning and maintaine of accomodation etc because his old and unable to do so and we are the only ones that can provide this. Also his accommodation and living costs with us will not require us to use any benefits or public funds as we have a room in a house spare which he can stay in and and as we perform our daily duties in terms of cleaning and washing clothes and stuff we will do it for him aswell without anyt help from the government.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

The fees are £1982 for this visa for an adult relative to be looked after by family in the UK.

Processing times and application process will depend on which country he is applying from, see here

The application will be decided in 12 weeks at most, it could be shorter than this period.

The documents that are required are set out here

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They say that from the change of the July 2012 rules obtaining a adult relative to be looked after by family is a visa impossible to obtain for a family member unless they are virtually on their death bed. Os this the case because then grandad won't be able come via this method. And is that the only type of visa available for us to to apply to?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
It is not difficult if the case is genuine and there is no other visa available for someone in your grandfathers position.

I would suggest that you appoint a specialist immigration lawyer to assist with the application.

May I help further?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions