tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I gave my tenant 3 months to move out, I no she wasnt happy

I gave my tenant 3 months to move out, I no she wasn't happy but I feel I had no choice. She managed to find somewhere else only after two moves and we agreed she good move out today. 10 days ago I asked when I could collect the keys to the house so I could check the house and make sure it was empty. She agreed to get intouch closer to the time. She never did. I have spent two days trying to get intouch with her and she ignored me, as I tried through phone,txt and FB and it shows up seen. When I did get hold of her to ask again to collect, she said she was too busy and put the keys through the door of the house. Which is not wot we agreed and I had no way of gettin into the house. So have had to have the locks changed. Is their anything I can do about this, where do I stand when it comes to my rights. Thank you
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

She is likely to be in breach of agreement by doing as she did, which resulted in you needing to force the door down/pay for a locksmith, and those costs should be recoverable from her.

tdlawyer :

You can do this by issuing a claim online if you have to (i.e. you can't resolve it informally with her).

tdlawyer :

You can do it her: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: Thank you for your help.
tdlawyer :

You're welcome. Would you like to ask me anything?

Customer: No that was it, thank you
tdlawyer :

Thank you. XXXXX ask whether you're happy with the service this evening please?

Customer: Yes very happy and glad I used the service.
tdlawyer :

Great - thanks for your comments and your question. Have a great weekend.

Customer: Thank you