13262538

Andrew died in 2010 leaving wife, 2 brothers, a sister, a neice,

Customer Question

Andrew died in 2010 leaving wife, 2 brothers, a sister, a neice, (being the survivor of a deceased brother) and two aunties. Estate is worth £850 (ignore personal effects) which of the following statements is correct?
a) his wife will receive £650 and balance divided equally -other than tohis aunts
b) his wife will inherit whole estate.
c) his wife will receive half the estate and the balance will be divided equally between surviving brothers and sister.

Please could you explain the answer as well
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
In this case (b) is true since where there is a surviving spouse the siblings have no claim on the estate
You can read more here
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/relationships_w/relationships_death_and_wills_e/who_can_inherit_if_there_is_no_will___the_rules_of_intestacy.htm