tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi, Barclays accused me of defrauding myself. The banks so

Customer Question

Barclays accused me of defrauding myself. The bank's so called investigation team accused me of defrauding myself. They even tried to convince me to contact the merchants as they lack information.

The bank claimed that I am liable for the fraud as my 'ip address' ,match. Although I did not buy to those merchants.

I am a student and now in debt of £2600. This is why I have been requesting legal assistance but no one was able to actually help me.

I spoke to their 'customer service' where an 'appeal' was sent and I was not even aware of the content of their decision letter, only when I noticed that they charged me back.

I have most recordings for those conversations.

In other words, I contacted the bank to request info why they charged me back, then I was made aware that they issued a letter in which they decline my claim.

Despite not having that letter with its content, my 'appeal' was sent and I was not even allowed to have it read.

This was just a sham.

Mascarade and manipulative move.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name is***** can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Have you asked the bank for its final response in relation to this issue?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Hi Tony

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Hi, Barclays accused me of defrauding myself. The bank's so called investigation team accused me of defrauding myself. They even tried to convince me to contact the merchants as they lack information. They tried to trick me. There are four different claims, one of which is not fraud as my other half accidentally used my card that was registered with easyjet. The bank claimed that I am liable for the fraud as my 'ip address' ,match. Although I did not buy to those merchants. I am a student and now in debt of £2600. This is why I have been requesting legal assistance but no one was able to actually help me. I spoke to their 'customer service' where an 'appeal' was sent and I was not even aware of the content of their decision letter, only when I noticed that they charged me back. I have most recordings for those conversations. In other words, I contacted the bank to request info why they charged me back, then I was made aware that they issued a letter in which they decline my claim. Despite not having that letter with its content, my 'appeal' was sent and I was not even allowed to have it read. This was just a sham. Mascarade and manipulative move.

I told them since 'I am not the customer' how can I contact the merchants. They said that this will provide me more information.

They are trying to pin their responsibilities down on me. I did nothing wrong and they are trying to mixed those three different frauds on me and even . This took place on the 12 May. They said they issued a letter where they decline my claim on the 16 May. They even asked for my plans of holidays. I have a booking already and they even asked me to send them.

They do lack information.Their customer service is unprofessional as one of them accidentally told me that since those 'are illegitimate' claims, the appeal will reject them and then I will probably be sent the final letter to appeal to the ombusdman. They already made an opinion before the appeal.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

It has reached the 'appeal'

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Appeal in which the 'call centre operative' issued on 'my behalf' although I told her that since I do not have the details of the letter that they supposedly sent on 16 May, how can I make the appeal, she quickly sent it without the fact I did not even have the chance to read it.

tdlawyer :

Okay, this does sound all a little odd doesn't it.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Anyone here?

tdlawyer :

Yes. I'm here.

tdlawyer :

Okay.

tdlawyer :

Well, it does look like the appeal may have been pre-judged.

tdlawyer :

I think what you need to do is make a complaint to the ombudsman when they send you their rejection letter.

tdlawyer :

This will just give you further grounds to complain to the ombudsman.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I intend to write a letter to appeal

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I need to get the legal grounds of appeal

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I was pre-judged

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

and it seems to be quite often the case

tdlawyer :

You can do, yes, but you shouldn't try and set out legal grounds in their own internal process.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

what can I write in the letter then?

tdlawyer :

if you tell them now you intend to appeal on that ground, they will address it, and say they have considered everything afresh. Then how do you disprove that?

tdlawyer :

I think you need to keep it simple.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

What to write then? how can I resolve this?

tdlawyer :

Make the points factually, as you have above, and about their service standards etc. Then if on appeal, it all goes as they told you it would, their appeal has been arguably pre-judged.

tdlawyer :

Then I think you have no choice but to refer it to the ombudsman and ask them to hold back on taking any payments etc. in relation to the sums outstanding until this is determined by the ombudsman.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

are there any letter you could assist me with?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

what to include and to write in professionally

tdlawyer :

We can't prepare letters etc. on here, but I can have a quick look at something you put together if you like?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

ok sounds good. I will write my appeal

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

today

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

but how to send it to you?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

have u got an email address?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

or something to contact?

tdlawyer :

Just come back to this webpage and post it on here.

tdlawyer :

Then as soon as I can (and I may be offline at the time) I will come back to you and comment.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

But I do not have their letter where they rejected my dispute?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

this will take few days as I have requested to be issued

tdlawyer :

Ah, okay, well, to be fair you can do the majority of it now, then top and tail it when the rejection letter comes through. After all, you pretty much know what it's likely to say.

tdlawyer :

Is this okay?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Sorry but I thought of another type of help

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

you would be able to provide

tdlawyer :

okay?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I understand you are limited to provide assistance as it is not a proper consultation

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

but I need more help than this

tdlawyer :

Okay, I'm happy to do what I can for you.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I will write the letter and perhaps you can check it for me if this is convenient

tdlawyer :

Yes, of course I will, no problem at all.