75100385

Hi, Barclays accused me of defrauding myself. The banks so

Customer Question

Hi, Barclays accused me of defrauding myself. The bank's so called investigation team accused me of defrauding myself. They even tried to convince me to contact the merchants as they lack information. They tried to trick me. There are four different claims, one of which is not fraud as my other half accidentally used my card that was registered with easyjet. The bank claimed that I am liable for the fraud as my 'ip address' ,match. Although I did not buy to those merchants. I am a student and now in debt of £2600. This is why I have been requesting legal assistance but no one was able to actually help me. I spoke to their 'customer service' where an 'appeal' was sent and I was not even aware of the content of their decision letter, only when I noticed that they charged me back. I have most recordings for those conversations. In other words, I contacted the bank to request info why they charged me back, then I was made aware that they issued a letter in which they decline my claim. Despite not having that letter with its content, my 'appeal' was sent and I was not even allowed to have it read. This was just a sham. Mascarade and manipulative move.
I told them since 'I am not the customer' how can I contact the merchants. They said that this will provide me more information.
They are trying to pin their responsibilities down on me. I did nothing wrong and they are trying to mixed those three different frauds on me and even . This took place on the 12 May. They said they issued a letter where they decline my claim on the 16 May. They even asked for my plans of holidays. I have a booking already and they even asked me to send them.

They do lack information.Their customer service is unprofessional as one of them accidentally told me that since those 'are illegitimate' claims, the appeal will reject them and then I will probably be sent the final letter to appeal to the ombudsman. They already made an opinion before the appeal.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the Ombudsman please?
JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Hi Alex

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I was told that I will need for the 'appeal' to go through first before I may envisage the recourse of the Ombusdman

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

However, the decision letter has never been received

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

they claimed they posted it

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I am going to write a letter of appeal

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

=would you be able to proof-reading it?

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to complain to the Ombudsman. You can do this online at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : Also they will write to the bank and ask for a final response. If the bank do not respond or that final response is not to your liking then the investigation will be undertaken.
Alex Watts : So go to the Ombudsman if they have not responded.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Even though I will need to write an appeal to the barclays, how will I be able to bypass their complaint procedure?

Alex Watts :

You wont be able to bypass the complaint procedure.

Alex Watts :

You need to exhaust all appeals and then go to the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

I understood you that Barclays had not responded.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

Barclays can say they are looking into the 'appeal' that their agent made

Alex Watts :

If this is the case then go straight to the Ombudsman

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I did not receive their response

Alex Watts :

Well looking into the appeal is not the same as dealing with it

Alex Watts :

Complain to the Ombudsman

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

but they claimed they wrote to me

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

however, I never received such letters

Alex Watts :

Ok - complain to the Ombudsman

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

So according to you, I need to complaint to the Omsbundsman

Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

What do I need to write?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

what sort of info?

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

how to write those though?

Alex Watts :

You need to fill out the form on the Ombudsman website

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

are you sure it is a good idea?

Alex Watts :

Yes I am

Alex Watts :

If anything it would encourage the bank to act quickly.

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

as I am worried barclays might say that I 'appealed' with their horrendous customer service representative

Alex Watts :

Please complain to the Ombudsman - that is the way forward

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

I am doing this now

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

thank you

JACUSTOMER-gr2v35wk- :

;)

Alex Watts :

Great.

Alex Watts :

Please remember to rate my answer before you leave today, if the system wont let you please say

Alex Watts :

If you need further help please click reply.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/