tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

My tenant moved in with his girlfriend, they split, he left

My tenant moved in with his girlfriend, they split, he left and did not notify my. The girlfriend continued to make payments before telling me he left in March.

She then wanted to take on the tenancy in her own right protecting her and the children. I wrote a tenancy agreement.

Today the x boyfriend tenant contacted me wanting to move back in the house saying he has rights and Wants to move back in, not as a couple and regardless of her permission. Where do we all stand?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

If may be able to say that he had abandoned the property and left the tenancy. Factually, this seems to be right, as the girlfriend signs a new tenancy agreement and she continues to make the payments in her own right.

tdlawyer :

I believe you're entitled here to say that he has no rights, he abandoned the tenancy, and a new tenancy has now been granted to her, and that continues until she (or you) choose to end it.