13262538

Grandmother of a 5-year-old

Hi am a grandmother of a child of 5 years old, he lives with his ​​father after her mother voluntarily gave him to his father, because she feel unable to care of the child for suffering mental health problems.
I believe strongly that the father is abusing him psicologicmante and emotionally and I have reported on to the Social services and now I'm scared because he might prohibits me to seeing my grandson.
Is there any law that could help me to continue seeing my grandson? or my daughter could give me power of attorney to seeing my grandson?? I can do??

What makes you think that his father is abusing her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Think the father abuse him because the child sometimes is no free to give answers, just answers what the father want and was crying yesterday and told the father in my presence that he is scared of he.

when did you report it to Social Services?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

today

How often have you seen the child up until now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Every week

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. I have not the answer?????

My grandson lives with his father.

The father will prevent me to continue seeing my grandson

Is there any law that could help me to continue seeing my grandson?
or could my daughter give me power of attorney to continue seeing my grandson?? even she (her ​​mother ) does not live with the child?? even she has mental health problems could give me that power ¿ What can I do??

My apologies for the delay.
I am afraid that your daughter cannot give you any Power that will enable you to enforce contact since the child does not live with her.
However whilst you have no automatic right to contact the fact that you clearly have a close relationship with the child means that if his father does stop contact then you can ask the court for permission to apply for a Child Arrangement Order granting you the right to see the child
Given all that you have said I am sure that not only will you be given permission to make the application - you will also be successful in obtaining an order
You can read more here
https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details