12826847

I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM NATIONAL HEALTH LOTTERY MADRID

Customer Question

I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM NATIONAL HEALTH LOTTERY MADRID SPAIN SAYING I HAVE WON £500,000. they want me to pay a fee of £3.68 per £1000 winnings plus 5% fee when i have the money in the bank. Does this seem to good to be true?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have you entered any such lottery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it says i have been randomly selected by computer database of the european health insurance. All funds come from unclaimed prizes last year

That is all I need to know.

This is almost certainly a scam. You don't win lotteries usually unless you enter them and you certainly don't have to pay to release winnings.

If you want to call their bluff then just say to them that they can deduct the sums that they want from your winnings when they pay you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you thought as much.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/