12826847

By law do you have to start looking for work once your child

By law do you have to start looking for work once your child starts school age 5?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My child is starting school in September and I am currently working but I am in a situation where he has not been offered the school I need due to child care, as I am appealing against it that I will have to give you my job if they still can't offer him a place a was just wanting to know if by law do u have to look for work once they turn 5?
No. Nobody has to work at all in the UK. There is no law requiring it.

However, obviously if you don't work then you don't receive income.

If you are asking about your benefit position then generally the DWP will say that you are capable of working when you child starts school at 5 and so put you on ESA rather than the old income support.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you in kind of helps me out abit better do u think I have a change of winning my appeal hearing due to child care reasons there for if a dnt a would have to give up my job which will lead to me and my child loosing our house due to no income baring in mind I have been in this same job for 8years since I was 16?
I wouldn't know anything about your employment situation and that wasn't the nature of your original question.

Employment is not my area and I would never have answered this if your question has been about employment.

You can post another question in employment. If you are on subscription then it should not cost extra.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your time
No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/