12826847

how can I find the record of the court case regarding waverley

Customer Question

how can I find the record of the court case regarding waverley abbey school in surrey and the headmaster Mr Melling

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr Melling was the headmaster of Waverley Abbey School when my daughter was a pupil there about 21 years ago...he was found guilty of child abuse a few years later and we realised that she had been a victim of this too ..she has had an easting disorder which we put down to this abuse and would like to know more about the case

You don't have a right to access to his previous convictions. A person's previous convictions are private I'm afraid.

You were perfectly entitled to sit in court at the time but you did not for various reasons.

The only possibility now is to research back numbers of the local paper at the relevant library who may have reported the case.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you...disappointing but I understand

You might well find something. These things over often reported.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/