12826847

Hello, I was hoping to get some advice on a matter, long

Customer Question

I was hoping to get some advice on a matter, long story short, I obtained a residence order in court for my son about 5 years ago, this was due to his mothers alcohol problem. The residence order stipulated that she should not drink while he was with her. Last year my son told me that he had seen her drinking around him so I stopped her seeing him and took her back to court, this time I represented myself and mainly dealt with the caffcass officer, The court basically said that there was no evidence of her drinking and that we should come to an agreement between ourselves. I agreed that she could have him from saturday 2pm to sunday 4pm every fortnight. Tonight my son has told me that his Mother made him promise not to tell me that she is drinking around him again. I don't know what to do as like last time with the courts there is no evidence.

I would appreciate any advice on this matter,

Charles
How old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Clare,
Thank you for your help, my son is 9 years old.
Charles
is she actually getting drunk?
Does your son feel at risk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im not 100% sure how drunk she is getting and he doesn't feel at risk but she is putting a lot of emotional burden on him, he is getting very upset and confused.

I she receiving any support or counselling elsewhere?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, no she isn't receiving any support for drinking, she doesn't see it as an issue.

Thanks charles
My profound apologies - it was a typing error - what I meant to ask is if your son is receiving any support (other than from you)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not a problem,

He is currently see a counsellor at his school for the same issue

Charles

has he told the counsellor what he has told you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he has not told the counsellor this, the counsellor emails me updates and I have emailed her back explaining this situation

Does your son want the contact to continue?