29905560

Hello Currently being investigated at work for a complaint

Currently being investigated at work for a complaint which has just been handed in writing claiming that i knowingly flirted and harassed a female at work who is allegedly married to another member of staff. The female and i have exchanged an array of messages on Facebook and through text messages. she has told me numerous times that she is no longer with this male and neither has she ever married the male colleague. The female resigned immediately however has signed the complaint letter made from her alleged husband. The male has claimed he has evidence to back up his claims which would only be private messages through facebook and text messages from myself and the female. can this male colleague who made the complaint use those private messages during the investigation without the female present of part of the investigation. i have hundreds of messages with her flirting with myself and claiming shes single asking to meet up and how much she likes me...ect ect please help im having a breakdown and need advice

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you specifically want to know about this?

Customer:

Do i get charged per question? with you firstly on this chat?

Ben Jones :

No it is not per single question, it is the session on here for this particular query

Customer:

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to know if he can produce her private text messages and facebook emails without her present?

Ben Jones :

Yes he can, there is nothing in law that says she must be present for him to produce these. To be honest this is relatively 'informal' because it is only in respect of an investigation at work. We are not talking about going to court and producing the emails as formal evidence in a court of law - the evidence is there, regardless of whether she is present or not when t gets produced and the employer can decide whether to use it or not and how much importance to place on it.

Customer:

ok that is good to know, i have enough proof to display or prove i wasn't harassing her through texts and emails. And her telling me she is single and never ever married to him is that enough for me to say i thought she was single and not married. as i have been accused of knowingly cheating with a married woman

Ben Jones :

To be honest all you can do is say it as it happened, tell the employer exactly what you did and why, highlighting any mitigating factors like that. It is then up to them to decide whether based on the evidence they have you did anything wrong. This is just an investigation, it does not mean it will go any further either

Customer:

And on that note i think you've answered everything you possibly can with out going through any emails or texts. i guess my fate is with the gods now and what evidence i bring to the table. i hope i haven't been charged for every message i have sent you? but i'm very thankful for speaking to yourself today Ben

Ben Jones :

Not you have certainly not been charged for every message, it is just a one off fee for this whole discussion

Customer:

thank you for your advice

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'