I ordered and received a "Trial" product for a relatively low

I ordered and received a "Trial" product for a relatively low price and was paid for on a bank debit card. It was soon followed by a further supply of the same product but for a ridiculously inflated price that was debitted against my bank account without authorisation - this was repeated another time before I became aware of the debits on my account. The bank was not very helpful when I rang them to find out what my options were.

What are my rights and what can I do about recovering this misappropriated money when the company hides behind a "Packing & Despatch Contracted" company and nobody answers the "Customer Service" phone number quoted on the Despatch Note?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is thsi company UK based?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know - I assumed that it was due to the GB£ charging and the advert appeared on a UK-based site.

The "Packing & Despatch Contracted" company is shown on the despatch note as "PPF Shipping Ltd" but a check on the postcode EH49 7YH shows that the name "Phytoscience Ltd" of Linlithgow.

Do you not have an address for them on the website?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - it was a typical address-free advert on a UK-based site (I think it was the Groupon site but I can't be sure now - this all started in February 2014).

That is not good news I'm afraid.

If you cannot locate the company then you cannot sue them.

The bank are not liable as this is a not of their security measures failing.

I was hoping you had paid by credit card and then you would have identical rights against your credit card provider as you would have against the company.

You can report the matter to the police.

You could report the matter to the web hoster.

I suppose you could try to get a tracing agent o locate the persons behind this. If you can find them and they are Uk based then you can sue them here

To stop them taking any more, instruct the bank to close down their debit. If they will not do that then close down the account and open another.

You could try reporting it to the banks fraud department. They might say its not fraud because you did give them your account details but, on your account, it certainly is.

I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice