UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, how can i obtain documented proof of my addresses for the

Hi, how can i obtain documented proof of my addresses for the period 2006 to 2011?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Who needs this information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'll try to keep this short, basically a water board company are trying to collect money from me for services provided to an address I have never lived at, I've never even seen the place or been involved with it in any way. About 2.5 years ago Bournemouth Water started this off, they sent me bills and reminders despite me phoning them & telling them they were talking to the wrong person. After producing my passport showing i had been out of the country during part of the period, and bank statements proving i had lived elsewhere for all of the period in question they admitted they had the wrong person. Now however, Wessex Water are trying the same thing, they have spoken to Bournemouth Water at my insistence, and admit that Bournemouth Water have proof that I did not have anything to do with this, they still however, (Wessex) want me to prove to them again that i did not live there. I do not know how I can do this now, even my bank seem reluctant to release my information to me

You have a few options:

that you go to a local solicitor and make a statutory declaration that you did not and have never lived at that particular address.

The other option is to ignore them and let them take the matter to court where they will have to prove that it was indeed you who was living at that address, obviously they will be unable to prove this and will lose in court

Third option is to try and collect other evidence of proof of your correct address e.g. NHS card, doctors letters, electoral roll, HMRC letters, driving licence etc. these are all acceptable proof of address documents and you do not need to rely only on bank statements.

May I help further?