tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi My son had his car bonnet damaged recently. The person

Customer Question

My son had his car bonnet damaged recently. The person admitted the offence and was given a caution by the police. He had intially agreed to pay for the car to be repair however, it was at a place he wanted, at a time he wanted (which I could not agree to as I could not have the time off work) and it was a repair and not a replacement bonnet. I have had an estimate for a replacement bonnet. Would I win if I took him to the small claims court ? Do I have to have the repair done first ?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

You don't have to do the repair first.

tdlawyer :

However, if you don't, it might be asked of you why you haven't. If it's because you don't intend to repair it, then you will not be able to claim. If you do intend, but for example, at the moment, couldn't afford it, then you'd be okay.

tdlawyer :

Why have you rated bad service please?