13262538

Please help, my mothers boyfriend is from Argentina says he

Please help, my mothers boyfriend is from Argentina says he is been separated for more than 10 years from his wife and has been living inEurope for that time,but now mum wants him to get a divorce so they can marry. He says he has to pay so much amount of money towards a lawyer to get a divorce and its now getting a bit ridiculous he has sent over more than £1000. Surley after so long time of separation the marriage would be void?
How long has he lived in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,They live in Spain at the moment he has been there for 10 years but has no Spanish residency. My mum also lives in Spain. I fear he is taking her for a mug and I am worried for her.

I am afraid that for a marriage to end there must either be a divorce - or one of the spouses must have died - marriage are never simply void because of the passage of time
Having said that I share your concern but it is my understanding that if he is not officially resident in Spain he cannot divorce there - but that could be worth checking
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Clare,

Just one last question, how much could a divorce lawyer cost (more or less) in Argentina if both parties are in agreement

I am sorry I have no way of knowing that - however there is a list of law firms here
http://www.hg.org/law-firms/divorce/argentina.html
and a phone call might give you the answer