12826847

Our ex-tenant had (and has) a significant job being responsible

Our ex-tenant had (and has) a significant job being responsible for the maintenance of 40 taxis. He is self employed and earns £14.50 per hour, say £2436/month. He became extremely erratic in his rent payments (£430/month) and eventually left without notice leaving the house extremely filthy with two months of rent and water charges unpaid. I found him in his workplace and he told me he is staying with friends. He agreed with me in writing (unwitnessed) that he would surrender his deposit (£430- currently with the DPS) to me and pay off the amounts owing and £70 in respect of the cleaning bill (total £540.24) in three instalments at the ends of May, June and July respectively. However, he says he can't find his DPS Tenant's repayment number and has failed to pay the end-May instalment. He never tells the truth and never keeps to any undertaking he has made. The deposit problem is now with the DPS.What can I do about the rest?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is he working ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he is still working

If he is working then he is worth suing.

You can always issue against him here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

for the instanding amounts that you are owed but send him a letter before action first warning him of your intention to do that. Sometimes that works, sometimes not but it costs a stamp.

Its cheap enough to issue against him and fairly quick now and you will win on these facts.